Community Bulletin Board Policy
To Have Your Posting Added To The Board, Please See Library Staff
Bridgeport Public Library recognizes its role as a source of community information. The bulletin board is available for educational, cultural, intellectual, charitable, civic, recreational, or social events and services in Bridgeport and surrounding communities.
- The library does not necessarily endorse the viewpoints or contents of posted material.
- Only authorized library personnel may post or remove notices.
- Members of the public are not permitted to post on adjacent walls, windows, or door.
- Materials may not be left on tables, in bathrooms, or other places throughout the library.
- Physical dimensions may be restricted to maximize space.
- Notices may be removed after two weeks, when they are no longer timely, or when space is required for more current items.
- All posted items are discarded after they are removed.
- Not-for-profit, community, or neighborhood group material
- City of Bridgeport notices
- Non-denominational church programs and events
- Nonpartisan election information
- Government services
- Community services/volunteer opportunities
- Personal notices of items for sale or personal ads
- Commercial notices, solicitations, or business cards
- Third-party job postings or retail advertising
- Political campaign materials
- Religious or political tracts
- Private tutoring services
- Discriminatory content or material not appropriate for viewing by all ages